I just came back from one of my favorite places, Six Flags Magic Mountain, CA. It’s an amusement park with rides for everyone: thrill-seekers, water fanatics, babies, and everyone in between.
Because I go so often, I’ve learned lots of little tricks. I definitely don’t know all of them, so I want your input too! Any amusement park advice would be helpful So comment below. I will be posting pictures from my trip soon!
- Download games on your phone before you go. The lines can be super long and boring. Downloading some games like charades, ballz, or blackbox (those are my faves rn) can help pass the time.
- Bring portable chargers. This seems like common sense, but too often my battery is draining from standing in the heat and playing games.
- Bring a backpack. You might have to buy a locker but it is so helpful. You can smuggle snacks, carry phones, and protect the necessities. I would suggest using a smaller one because it’s easier to carry and isn’t so bulgy.
- Know where you are going. Know your surrounding and have expectations. If it’s your first time at a specific amusement park, download the app. It provides wait times (not always accurate), height limits, details about passes/rides, and coupons. I suggest it highly.
- Get to the park at least 30mins before the park opens. Lots of early birds get to the park 30 minutes early or earlier. By doing so, they get the best parking, line wait, and crowd control. Because everyone tries to get there “early” I would go a tad bit earlier so you don’t have to wait forever.
- Don’t eat at the park. You will seriously go broke. We like to buy subway, put it in a ice chest in our car, and then we leave the park if we’re hungry and go eat.
- (My little brother suggested this one) ” be brave! Don’t let being scared stop you from riding the rides!”
Alright! Those are my tips and stay tuned for my pictures.
Help others along their great journey.