Happy Monday! I’d like to talk about journaling. (Dunn Dunn dunnnn!!! Don’t click away, this is some good stuff!) Journaling is hard. We hear it’s good for us but every time we try, we fall out of doing it every day, get too busy, or simply not feeling up to it. I get it. It happens all the time. But I’ve discovered some great ways to actually enjoy and keep the habit of journaling.
Why do we journal? What are the profits? Journaling can help realize feelings, keep you motivated, and achieve your goals. It’s also great for your posterity to have. They get to know you, through your writing. The Huffington Post has lots of more great reasons, so check them out!
(Image was found at rossifox.com)
Now, onto the fool proof tips!
1. First of all get a journal. I got mine at Micheals and I love it! It comes with 3 thin journals with different paper.
Aren’t they soo cute?!
3. Based on what kind of journal, find or come up with journal prompts. Journal prompts are awesome. They actually help you know what to journal about and help you stay consistent. Here are my 5 questions that I ask myself everyday:
1. What did you do today?
2. Did it change me? Why?
3. Did it help strengthen my testimony? How?
4. Did it help me in spiritual progression? How?
5. When did you see the hand of God today?
You could also get a journal with journal prompts which is super nice.
4. Select times to journal. Are you too busy to journal everyday and know if you try, your setting yourself up for failure? Try picking one or two days a week to journal. I like Sunday the best, but I also like to journal everyday. So select times in the day/evening when you can journal.
5. Stick to the times you’ve selected. Create a daily routine where you journal. i.e. journal right before you change your pjs or journal at 8:30 when you have alone time. It’s important to stick to the same time!
6. Look for something to journal about. Think, throughout the day, what your grateful for or something that you’ll be excited to journal about. Go on an exciting adventure and discover something new! Make something to journal about.
8. Set a reminder on your phone! Sometimes my life gets so busy that I forget about journaling. So set a reminder on your phone! That way you won’t forget.
9. Don’t be hard on yourself. It’s okay to give yourself some slack on journaling. But don’t slack too much. Journaling is important! Look at it that way and not like it’s a waste of time.
10. Most importantly, make journaling fun! Go buy some fun pens, interesting decals, and a great journal. Because I’m obsessed with pens, I’m always looking for a good reason to use them.
I hope you liked these tips! Comment below on anything related to journaling!
-happy journaling! And don’t forget to help others on their great journey.-